The Kotak card issues Kotak Zen Signature Credit Card. This card promise to be loaded with many sought-after Rewards, Travelling Benefits. Other than this, Kotak Zen Signature Credit Card also has International and Domestic Lounge access benefits. Here is the detailed review of this card.
Table of Contents
Kotak Zen Signature Credit Card Joining and Annual Fees
- Joining Fees: Rs. 1500+ GST
- Annual Fees: Rs. 1500+GST
- Welcome Benefits: 1500 Zen Points
Kotak Card normally do not the waive Annual fees , but in case of this credit card, Annual fees is waived after spending Rs. 1.5 Lacs in the previous year.
It is evident that Kotak card compensates the joining fees with welcome benefits; however, it does not compensate fully. 1500 Zen Points value is only Rs. 375, so you have to bear still Rs—1125+ GST Extra for joining this card. Welcome benefits are only available after paying Joining fees. It is not available on the free card.
Kotak Zen Signature Credit Card Benefits
Kotak Zen Signature Credit Card comes with different types of rewards: Regular, Accelerated, and Milestone. Here’s everything about it below.
- All Regular Spends: 5 Zen Points on every Rs. 150 spends(0.83%)
- 1 Zen points Value: 0.25 Ps
- Default rewards rate: 0.83%
The Zen Points can be redeemed by Calling to customer care or through netBanking.
- Spends Rs. 3,00,000: Get 7500 Zen Points ( Rs. 1875)
- Spends Rs. 6,00,000: Get 15000 Zen Points ( Rs.3750)
The Bonus rewards points accelerate the value of this card’s rewards rate if we combine the Default rewards rate of 0.83% and the Bonus rewards rate is 0.31%. The total Rewards rate is 1.1425%, which is impressive.
- KeyMall Spends: Get 15 Zen Points for every Rs. 150 spends on KeyMall.
- Rewards Rate: 3.75%
The accelerated rewards rate of 5% is impressive. Overall, as you see, the entire rewards earning capability is pretty well designed. Kotak Card is trying to match this credit card with Amazon Pay ICICI Bank credit card or HDFC and Amex Credit card, which is giving 5%-10% rewards/cashback on Online shopping with Amazon/Flipkart.
- Zen points will be credit in Billing cycle for all spends other than Flipkart.
- Zen Points earned on Flipkart transaction will be credited within 90 days of transaction.
Airport Lounge Access
- 8 Complimentary International and Domestic Airport Lounge Access ( 2 Per Quarter)
- The Complimentary International access is available on Priority Pass.
- For More Details, Visit here.
Priority Pass Access
- 3 complimentary Priority Pass International Lounge access in a year across 1300+ Lounges.
- The validity of the issued Priority Pass is for 1 year.
- Priority Pass is only available if you have done at least 4 purchase transaction in the prior 12 months.
- Priority Pass is applicable only for the primary cardholders.
The condition that Priority Pass will be available only after having done 4 transactions in the prior 12 months is not so good. If you do not have a transaction in the previous 12 months, Priority Pass will not be available for you. However, you can avail of a paid Priority pass at Rs. 2000 + GST.
Other Benefits of Kotak Zen Signature Credit Card.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- 1% on fuel surcharge
- Transaction Limit: Rs. 500 to Rs. 3000
- Max Waiver: 3500 in a calendar year.
- No Rewards points on Fuel Transaction.
Railway Surcharge Waiver
- On IRCTC Website : 1.8% waiver
- Counter : 2.5% waiver
- Max Waiver : Rs. 500 in a calendar year
- Complimentary cheque pickup
- Call Back through SMS: You need to just SMS “KASSIST” to 5676788. A call back will be arranged for you.
- Add On Card Fees: Rs. 299
- You will be able to track spends separately.
- Set the spending limit on your Add-on Card as you wish.
- Benefits similar to Primary Card.
Who is Eligible for Kotak Zen Signature Credit Card.
- Your age should be between 21 Years to 65 Years
- Income Should be above 24 Lakh Per Annum.
- You Should be resident of India.
- Location – Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi (including Gurgaon and Noida), Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
What is Kotak KayMall ?
KayMall is an app created by Kotak. You can use this app for easy, seamless, and effortless online travel booking & shopping. KayMall is also available on Net Banking. There various partners in KayMall like Goibibo, IRCTC, Flipkart. One benefit of this App is, there are no Flight booking conveyance charges.
My Credit Card Club Rating and Summary
Through Kotak Zen Signature Credit Card, Kotak card is trying to woo the semi-premium customers. Kotak Card are well known for not giving good Rewards on credit card spends. However, this card's Default rewards rate is still below Basic cards like Citi Bank Paytm Credit card. Also, the Joining and Annual charges are high. You can completely avoid this card.
Do you have Kotak Zen Signature Credit Card or thinking to apply for ? Please share your experience in the comment box below.