Losing your wallet is always a pain. But if you have a Walmart MoneyCard, there’s no need to worry. Here’s what you need to do to report walmart moneycard lost and get a new one.
What is Walmart MoneyCard?
The Walmart MoneyCard is a prepaid debit card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license by Mastercard International Inc that offers cash back on purchases made at Walmart stores and Walmart fuel stations. The card can be used anywhere Visa is accepted, and it can be reloaded through the mobile app or at any Walmart location.
The Walmart MoneyCard is a great option for frequent Walmart shoppers who want to earn cash back on their purchases.
What to Do if Your Card is Lost or Stolen
If you lose your Walmart MoneyCard, you should call (877) 937-4098 or the customer service number on the back of your card to report it lost. Your current card will be deactivated and the leftover balance will be transferred to a new card. A new card will be sent to you in the mail. If your card is lost, you may be charged a replacement fee.
To avoid having to go through this process, we recommend that you sign up for the Card Lock feature. With Card Lock, you can remotely disable your card if it’s ever lost or stolen.
All you have to do is log in to your account online or through the mobile app and select “Lock Card” from the menu. Then, when you find your card, you can easily unlock it yourself.
Steps to Take When Your walmart moneycard lost or Stolen–Summarized
We have you covered with a step-by-step guide on what to do next. Simply follow the steps below and you’ll be back on track in no time.
1. If you lose your Walmart MoneyCard or it is stolen, call the Walmart MoneyCard Customer Service Department immediately at 1-877-937-4098 (toll-free)
You can also access your account by clicking on the Chat Icon located in the bottom left-hand corner to speak with a Customer Service Representative.
2. If someone is using your card without your permission, you should call the credit card company immediately. This will help protect you from any unauthorized transactions, and make it easier to file a dispute if necessary.
3. The next step is to cancel your current card and order a new one. This can also be done by logging in to your account and clicking on the “Replace Card” option.
Follow the prompts and fill in the required information. You should receive your new card within 7-10 business days.
4. In the meantime, you can still access your account balance by logging in online or by calling customer service at 1-877-937-4098 (toll-free).
5. Once you’ve received your new card in the mail, activate it by Call the number at 1-877-965-7848 (toll-free), or by going online to www.walmartmoneycard.com and clicking on “Activate Card.”
You will need to provide your 16-digit card number,last 4 digits of your Social Security number and three-digit security code located on the back of your card to complete this process
6. You’re all set! Now that you have a new Walmart MoneyCard, be sure to keep it in a safe place so you don’t have to go through this process again.
Fraud Protection for Walmart MoneyCard Holders
Fraudulent purchases happen every day – but what does that mean for you as a walmart money card holder? Fortunately, you’re protected against unauthorized transactions.
However, there are certain steps you must take to be covered.
What is Fraudulent Activity?
First, let’s define what fraudulent activity is. Fraudulent activity is any transaction made with your card without your permission. This could be something as simple as someone making an online purchase with your card number, or it could be more serious, like if your card was lost or stolen and used without your knowledge.
Essentially, any time your card is used without your authorization, it’s considered fraud.
What Does This Mean for Me?
Fortunately, as a Walmart MoneyCard holder, you’re protected against losses due to fraudulent activity. However, there are a few things you need to do in order to be covered.
First and foremost, if you ever suspect that your walmart moneycard lost or stolen, or that it has been used without your permission, you need to call customer service right away.
Doing so will help minimize potential losses. If you report the unauthorized use within two business days of learning about it, you can lose no more than $50.
If you don’t report it within that time frame and Walmart MoneyCard can prove they could have stopped the unauthorized use sooner if contacted earlier, you may lose up to $500.
In either case, you’re not responsible for any unauthorized transactions made after you’ve reported your card as lost or stolen and had a new one issued.
So if someone makes an unauthorized purchase with your old card after you’ve reported it missing, you won’t be held liable for those charges.
Is there any way to use my Walmart MoneyCard if it has been reported lost or stolen?
Losing your walmart money card can be frustrating, but there are still some ways you can access your funds.
If you added your card to a digital wallet like Google Pay or Samsung Pay before it was lost or stolen, you can continue to make purchases with it.
You can also generate a time-sensitive barcode in the Walmart MoneyCard app, although there is a $3 service fee.
Keep in mind that if your physical Walmart MoneyCard is lost or stolen, you will no longer be able to use it.
However, by taking advantage of these other options, you can still access your money even if your card is lost or stolen.
How much does a new Walmart MoneyCard cost?
Losing your Walmart MoneyCard can be frustrating, especially if you rely on it for everyday purchases. Thankfully, replacement cards are available for a reasonable fee. There is a $3 charge for a lost or stolen card, and if you need your replacement card quickly, you can pay an additional $15 fee for Expedited Shipping.
However, it’s important to note that both of these fees will be deducted directly from your MoneyCard account. So, if you don’t have enough funds to cover the fees, you’ll need to add money to your account before requesting a replacement card.
Overall, getting a replacement walmart money card is a relatively straightforward process, and the fees are reasonably priced.
How long does it take for a replacement card to arrive by mail?
Most people don’t think about how important a walmart money card is until they lose it or it gets stolen. Fortunately, replacing your card is easy and only takes a few minutes.
The process is even quicker if you choose to have your replacement card shipped via expedited shipping. In that case, you can expect to receive your new card in just 3-4 business days.
For those who choose the standard shipping option, your replacement card will arrive within 7 business days.
So whether you’re in a hurry or you can wait a few extra days, getting a replacement Walmart MoneyCard is easy and convenient.
Losing your Walmart MoneyCard can be frustrating, but thankfully there are a few things you can do to access your funds. You can also get a replacement card for a reasonable fee.
Overall, the process is relatively straightforward, and you should have your new card in no time.
Do you have any questions or concerns? Please feel free to leave a comment below.
- As a personal finance and credit cards expert, I provide valuable insights and advice on budgeting, saving, investing, and debt management. I am also an expert on credit card rewards programs and help readers make informed decisions about which cards are right for them. My goal is to help people improve their financial literacy and make better financial choices.
- Barclays bank2023.06.03What to Do If You’ve Lost Your JetBlue Credit Card?
- Answers2023.06.03Got a Misprinted JetBlue Credit Card? How Can You Fix It Quickly and Efficiently?
- Answers2023.05.31Does Fortiva Have Pre-Approval?
- Fintech2023.05.22Limited-Time Offer: AmEx Green Card’s Enhanced 60K Points Welcome Bonus and In-Depth Analysis