Learn how to check the Status of Discover Card Application so you can be sure that it is on track. If you are denied a card, find out what to do next.
Checking the status of your Discover card application is easy to do, whether you do it online or over the phone. In this post, we’ll walk you through the steps of checking your application status so that you can be sure that your application is on track. We’ll also discuss what you can do if you are denied a card.
How to Check Status of Discover Card Application Online
Checking the status of your Discover credit card application is easy and can be done conveniently online.
- Simply visit the application check website and confirm your identity by entering your Social Security number and zip code.
- Hit “Continue” and you’ll be able to see if your application has been approved, denied, or is still pending.
You can also call and follow similar steps to check your status over the phone. Either way, checking on the progress of your application takes just a few minutes and gives you peace of mind as you wait for a decision.
How to check Discover Credit Card Application Status by Phone
Want to know the status of your Discover credit card application? The easiest and quickest way is to call their dedicated application status phone line at (800) 347-3085.
This line is available 24/7, and you’ll always get to speak to a live representative. When prompted, simply say “application status” and “new card application.” If you don’t have an existing Discover account, just say “no.” Within a few minutes, the representative should be able to give you an update on your application status. If you are approved, even if you don’t hear back immediately, you’ll receive your new Discover card in the mail within 7-10 days.
If you are approved for the Discover card, you will receive it in the mail, even if you don’t hear back immediately.
>>Read More: How To Check Amazon.com Credit Card Application Status?
Why your application might be denied
When applying for a Discover credit card, it is not uncommon to see a pending status on your application. This typically means that the credit card issuer needs to verify some of your information, such as a potential address discrepancy or misspelling.
But before you panic, keep in mind that this process is actually a protection against identity theft. If Discover cannot confirm your identity, they will not be able to issue you a credit card.
However, it is also possible for an application to be denied based on the applicant’s credit history or score not meeting the minimum standards set by the issuer.
Overall, whether your application ends up being approved or denied, the important thing is that all of your personal information has been properly verified and protected.
What to Do If You Are Denied a Card
If your discover application is denied, don’t despair. There are a few things that you can do to improve your chances of being approved for a Discover card in the future.
- First, make sure that all of the information on your credit report is accurate. If there are any errors, dispute them with the credit bureau as soon as possible.
- Second, try to improve your credit score by paying down your debts and maintaining a good payment history going forward.
- Finally, consider applying for a secured credit card instead of an unsecured card. A secured credit card requires a security deposit, but it can help you build up your credit over time so that you are more likely to be approved for an unsecured card in the future.
Checking the status of your Discover card application is easy and only takes a few minutes. Whether you check online or over the phone, you’ll be able to get an update on where your application stands.
If you are denied a card, don’t worry—there are steps that you can take to improve your chances of being approved in the future.