The SBI Air India Signature Card is the best credit card currently available in the market for traveling freaky guy, and that prefer to fly Air India.SBI Air India Signature Card offers a 7.5% to 13.5% rewards rate that is the best in the industry. Here is the detailed review of this card.
SBI Air India Signature Card is a co-branded credit card targeted to travelers loyal to Air India. Air India SBI offers 2 variants of this card SBI Air India Platinum and SBI Air India Signature. This review only about SBI Air India Signature Card.
SBI Air India Signature Card Joining & Annual Fees
- Joining Fees: Rs.4,999+GST
- Renewal Fees: Rs.4,999+GST
- Add On Card: Nil
- Rewards Points: 20,000 Rewards points as welcome Benefits
- FFP Membership: Complimentary membership of the Air India Frequent Flyer program.
- Renewal Benefits: 5,000 Rewards points as Anniversary Gift
It is evident from welcome and Renewal benefits that Joining and renewal Fees are set-off by welcome and Renewal benefits, respectively. However, you still have to bear extra GST for Renewal fees.
Rewards and Benefits
- Regular Spends: 4 Reward points for every Rs.100 spends
- Accelerated Rewards: 30 Reward points for every Rs.100 spends on Air India tickets.
- 1 Reward Point = 1 Air India Air Mile.
- Rewards points have been accelerated for self-booking and reduced for others now.
- 30 Reward Points for every 100 spent on Air India tickets booked through
air-India.in, Air India mobile app, when a ticket is booked for self.
- 10 Reward Points for every `100 spent when a ticket is booked for others.
- Spends Rs.5 Lakh/- : 20,000 Rewards points
- Spends Rs.10 Lakh/ : 30,000 Rewards points
- Spends Rs.20 Lakh/ : 50,000 Rewards points
Rewards points are in cumulative natures, you will get 50,000 Rewards points on Rs.20 Lakh spends.
Rewards points can also be used by buy product from rewards catalogue other than Airmiles conversion.
Value back Calculation
Let assume you spends Rs.20 Lakh on this card, then this is what you get.
You will get 1.55 Lakh Rewards points on 20 Lakh spends, which is awesome.
The Total Rewards rate is 7.75% Please note that 30 Reward Points for every 100 spent on Air India tickets booked through air-India in the above calculation have been ignored because spending will differ from person to person.
Airport lounge access
- International: No Free access; however, you will get complimentary membership for Priority Pass.
- Domestic: 8 complimentary visits per year to Domestic VISA Lounges (Limited to 2 visits per quarter)
- Other term & Conditions: Visit Here T & C
- Check Debit card which also offers Lounge Access Benefits Free
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- 1 % fuel surcharge waiver, across all petrol pumps.
- Max Rs.250 per statement cycle.
- Purchases should be between Rs.500 to Rs.4,000
- Complimentary lost card liability cover of Rs.1 lakh
- However you should inform the SBI card within 7 days of Fraud or Loss.
Pros and Cons of SBI Air India Signature Card
- 8 domestic lounge visits per year
- 7.5% yo 13.5% rewards rate.
- Free membership for FFP
- Personal Concierge Service
- Joining & Annual fee of Rs.4,999
- No Lounge Access for International Travel.
SBI Air India Signature credit card is one of the best travel credit cards in India. If you consider Rs.20 lakh spending in the year, your rewards shall be between 7.5% to 13.5%. The rewards rate is 4% ( 1 Reward Point = 1 Air India Air Mile and how you redeem) for regular spending.
I think no other credit card in India giving this kind of reward points except Super Premium Credit card. And Lastly, the actual rewards rate will differ for every person because of how you use Airmiles.
What do you think about this card ? Please share your thought in comment box below.