Kotak White Credit Card is a lifestyle credit issued by Kotak Mahindra Bank. Kotak White Credit Card has been made for the high-income class as seems from eligibility criteria. Here is the detailed review of this card.
Table of Contents
Kotak White Credit Card Charges
- Joining Fees: Rs.3,000+ GST
- Renewal Fees : Rs.3,000+ GST
- Add On Card: Nil
- Interest Charges: 37.20% Per Annum
There is no condition for Joining and Renewal fees waiver, which means you have to compulsory bear these charges for having this card in your wallets irrespective of whether you use it or not.
Kotak White Credit Card Welcome Benefits
- Rs.3000 spends: You will get a voucher worth Rs.1500
- Condition: If you spend Rs.30,000 within 60 days.
Kotak White Credit Card Rewards & Benefits
This card does not offer direct Rewards points But offers in the form of a White pass. WHITE Pass can be compared to a virtual wallet. If you achieve the spend milestones, you receive rewards in the form of WHITE Pass value. You can then use the accumulated value to claim vouchers from premium partner brands. You can check all premium brand’s on the White Credit Cards rewards redemptions portal. You can use White Pass redeem across multiple categories such as apparel, hotels & dining, beauty, self-grooming services, etc.
Here detailed table explaining rewards systems.
|Spends slab||WHITE Pass Value (incremental)||Cumulative WHITE Pass Value||Rewards Rate|
|<2 lakhs||Rs. 0||Rs. 0||0%|
|2 – <4 lakhs||Rs. 2000||Rs. 2000||1%|
|4 – <6 lakhs||Rs. 4000||Rs. 6000||1.50%|
|6 – < 9 lakhs||Rs. 6000||Rs. 12000||2%|
|9 – < 12 lakhs||Rs. 7000||Rs. 19000||2.11%|
|12 lakhs & above||Rs. 8000||Rs. 27000||2.25%|
It is evident from the table that the minimum rewards rate is 0% and max Rewards points are 2.25%. You can gain more than 2.25% because the maximum WHITE Pass value of Rs.27,000/- can be accumulated in a year.
- Every year on the anniversary date of the Card, the WHITE Pass value will reset to zero.
- Maximum WHITE Pass value of Rs.27,000/- can be accumulated in a year.
- The claim period for your WHITE Pass is 1 year and 3 months. The claim period starts from the date your card is booked + additional 3 months.
Airport Lounge Access
Kotak White Credit offers you Airport lounge access benefits through Priority Pass.
- International : 4 complimentary airport lounge access every year ( With Priority Pass)
- Domestic : 8 Complimentary airport lounge access In a Year (2 visits per quarter).
Complimentary visits are applicable only for the primary card holders USD 27 per person per visit will be charged for the guest.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- Save 1% fuel surcharge across all petrol pumps in India
- Fuel Surcharge Waiver Applicable on transactions between Rs.500 and Rs.3000
- Maximum fuel surcharge waiver allowed in a calendar year is Rs.3500.
Railway Surcharge Waiver
- 1.8% to 2.5% railway surcharge waiver when you book a ticket on IRCTC or through an Indian Railways booking counter Maximum railway surcharge waiver allowed in a calendar year is Rs.500.
- 3-month interest-free period on transferring all your outstanding amount from other credit cards to Kotak White Credit Card.
- Processing fee: Rs.349 + GST per Rs.10,000.
Pros and Cons of Kotak White Card
- No restricted categories for spends even wallets upload is allowed.
- No Charges waiver
- Low Rewards rate
- Strange Rewards Systems
- Rewards are Caped to 27,000
- White Pass Automatically Expire
- Age: 28 years to 65 years.
- Location: Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi (including Gurgaon and Noida), Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai, and Pune.
- Income: Rs.25 Lakhs and above per annum
- and you should be a resident of India
My Credit Card Club Rating and Summary
Like all other Kotak credit cards, Kotak White Credit cards also do not have a decent reward rate, and your rewards rate 0% up to 20 lakh spends even if you spend more than 10 lakh your rewards rate up to 2.25%, which is pathetic. Other than this, the Rewards systems are also strange.
For me, a Lifestyle credit card like SBI Prime and Bank of Baroda ETERNA Credit Card other better in terms of Rewards rate, milestone benefits, and Charges.