If you’re looking to Cancel Walmart MoneyCard, this guide will walk you through the process step-by-step.
Today, we’ll be discussing how to cancel your Walmart MoneyCard. This guide will be especially helpful if you’re looking to close your account and get a full refund of your remaining balance.
Keep in mind that there are specific steps you must take to successfully cancel a walmart card, so be sure to read through the entire guide before taking any action. Let’s get started!
How to Close Your Walmart MoneyCard Account
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to close your Walmart Money Card account and get a refund of your balance:
There are three options to cancel your card
- Walmart stores
- Money Card App
Let’s first look at how to cancel your card in a Walmart store.
How to Close Your Walmart Money Card Account Walmart store
Walmart makes it easy to close your money card account. You can do so either by making purchases until the balance reaches $0 or by withdrawing all of the funds from a Walmart ATM.
Once the account balance reaches $0, the account will automatically close. So whether you’re canceling your Walmart money card because you no longer need it or because it’s been lost or stolen, follow these simple instructions and you’ll have your account closed in no time.
How to Close Your Walmart Money Card Account online?
You can close your Walmart Money Card account online in a few easy steps. First, you’ll need to spend down your balance to $0. You can do this by making purchases online or withdrawing money from ATMs nationwide.
Once your balance is at $0, you’ll be able to close your account. To do so, simply login to your account and click on the “Close Account” button. You’ll then be prompted to confirm that you want to close your account.
Once you’ve confirmed, your account will be closed and you’ll no longer be able to use your Walmart Money Card.
How to Close Your Walmart Money Card Account from APP?
It’s easy to close your Walmart Money Card account from the app. Just log into your account and select Settings > Manage Card > Close your Account.
You can also log into your account at WalmartMoneyCard.com and select Account Management > My Card > Close your Account to see your options.
Once you’ve closed your account, you’ll no longer be able to use the card or access your account balance. Be sure to spend any remaining funds before you close your account.
How to Close Your Walmart Money Card Account by phone?
If you need to close your Walmart Money Card account, you can do so by calling customer service at 877-937-4098. When you are connected, press “5” to select customer support.
You will then be prompted to enter your 16-digit account number or Social Security number or SSN for verification . After that, you will need to provide information related to your birthday as directed.
Just follow the automated prompts and select the option to cancel the account when prompted. You may also be asked to provide a reason for closing the account. That’s all there is to it!
>>Read More: Can I withdraw money from my Walmart money card without my card?
What happens to the Walmart MoneyCard app once you close your account?
So you’re thinking about closing your Walmart MoneyCard account, huh? Well, there are a few things you should know before you do.
- First of all, once you close your account, you won’t be able to access it using the Walmart MoneyCard app. However, you will still be able to view your account statements and transaction history online at WalmartMoneyCard.com. So if you ever need to check on something, you’ll still be able to do that.
- Additionally, closing your account won’t automatically cancel any recurring payments that you have set up. So if you have any automatic payments coming out of your account, be sure to cancel them before you close your account. Otherwise, you may end up getting charged for something even after you’ve closed your account.
- Lastly, if you have any money left in your account when you close it, Walmart will send you a check for the balance within 14 business days. So there’s no need to worry about losing any money – it will all be refunded to you.
Do I need to cancel my Walmart Money card?
If you’re like most people, you probably have a few old credit cards that you don’t use anymore. You might be thinking about canceling them to avoid having too many open lines of credit. But is that necessary? Let’s take a look at the Walmart Money card to see if it’s worth keeping or if you should cancel it.
What is the Walmart Money card?
The Walmart Money card is a prepaid debit card that can be used anywhere Visa or Mastercard is accepted. You can load money onto the card using cash, checks, or direct deposit. It’s a great way to budget your money and avoid overdraft fees.
Should I cancel my Walmart Money card?
As long as you’re not paying any fees for the card, there’s no harm in keeping it open. In fact, keeping your account active can help improve your credit score. So if you don’t need the card anymore, you can just let it sit inactively. There’s no need to go through the hassle of canceling it.
How to Stop Automatic Payments on Your Walmart MoneyCard
There are a few reasons you might want to stop an automatic payment on your Walmart Money Card. Maybe you’ve switched to a new service or no longer need the one that you’re paying for automatically.
Or maybe you’re trying to free up some cash flow for a month or two. Whatever the reason, stopping automatic payments on your MoneyCard is easy to do. Here’s how.
The first thing you need to know is that the company’s ability to process a stop payment request will depend on the payment method and whether or not a check has cleared. If you try to stop a payment after it has already been processed, the company may not have a reasonable opportunity to act on your request.
For any payments that have already been processed, you must call the company at (866) 795-7597 or write them at Green Dot Customer Care, P.O. Box 5100, Pasadena, California 91117 so that they receive your request at least three (3) Business Days before the Pay Date.
The company may require you to present your request in writing within fourteen (14) days.
For any other payments, the company will attempt to accommodate your request but will have no liability for failing to do so.
Conclusion: Cancel Walmart MoneyCard
All in all, canceling your Walmart Money Card is a fairly simple process. However, there are a few things you need to be aware of before you cancel.
Let me know in the comments if you have any questions about canceling your card or about Walmart Money Card in general. Thanks for reading!
- As a personal finance and credit cards expert, I provide valuable insights and advice on budgeting, saving, investing, and debt management. I am also an expert on credit card rewards programs and help readers make informed decisions about which cards are right for them. My goal is to help people improve their financial literacy and make better financial choices.
- Barclays bank2023.06.03What to Do If You’ve Lost Your JetBlue Credit Card?
- Answers2023.06.03Got a Misprinted JetBlue Credit Card? How Can You Fix It Quickly and Efficiently?
- Answers2023.05.31Does Fortiva Have Pre-Approval?
- Fintech2023.05.22Limited-Time Offer: AmEx Green Card’s Enhanced 60K Points Welcome Bonus and In-Depth Analysis