If you want to save money on fuel expenses for your business, you might be interested in getting a gas card. A gas card is a type of credit card that offers you rewards or discounts on gas purchases. You can use it to pay for fuel at participating gas stations and earn cash back, points, or miles.
But how can you get a gas card for your business? Here are the steps you need to follow:
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Check your personal credit score.
Even though the card is for your business, your personal credit will still affect your chances of approval. Most gas cards require fair credit or better, which means a score of at least 580. You can check your credit score for free online or through your bank or credit card issuer.
2. Compare different gas cards and choose the best one for you.
There are many gas cards available in the market, and they vary in terms of rewards, fees, interest rates, and benefits. You should consider how much you spend on gas each month, where you usually fill up your tank, and what kind of rewards you prefer.
Some gas cards are co-branded with specific gas stations, while others are more flexible and let you use them anywhere.
Some gas cards are designed for businesses with large fleets of vehicles, while others are more suitable for small businesses or freelancers.
3. Fill out an application online or in person.
Once you have decided on a gas card, you can apply for it online or at a gas station.
You will need to provide some information about yourself and your business, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, tax identification number (SSN or EIN), and annual income.
You may also need to provide some documents to verify your identity and business status, such as a driver’s license, a business license, or a bank statement.
4. Wait for a response and activate your card.
Depending on the card issuer and your credit history, you may get an instant approval or a pending decision. If you are approved, you will receive your card in the mail within a few days or weeks.
You will need to activate your card before you can use it by calling a toll-free number or visiting a website. You will also need to sign the back of your card and set up a PIN if required.
5. Start using your card and enjoy the rewards.
Once your card is activated, you can start using it to pay for gas and other purchases at participating locations.
Make sure to pay your balance in full every month to avoid interest charges and fees. Also, keep track of your rewards and redeem them regularly to get the most value out of your card.
Getting a gas card for your business can be a smart way to save money and earn rewards on fuel expenses.
- As a personal finance and credit cards expert, I provide valuable insights and advice on budgeting, saving, investing, and debt management. I am also an expert on credit card rewards programs and help readers make informed decisions about which cards are right for them. My goal is to help people improve their financial literacy and make better financial choices.
- Barclays bank2023.06.03What to Do If You’ve Lost Your JetBlue Credit Card?
- Answers2023.06.03Got a Misprinted JetBlue Credit Card? How Can You Fix It Quickly and Efficiently?
- Answers2023.05.31Does Fortiva Have Pre-Approval?
- Fintech2023.05.22Limited-Time Offer: AmEx Green Card’s Enhanced 60K Points Welcome Bonus and In-Depth Analysis