Club Vistara SBI Card Prime is a co-branded credit card launched jointly by SBI Card and Vistara Airlines. SBI Card is the largest co-branded credit card issuer. Vistara is the country’s premium airline funded by Tata Sons Private Limited and Singapore Airlines Limited (SIA), wherein Tata Sons holds a 51% stake in partnership and Singapore Airlines owns 49% stake.
There are two variants of this card, Club Vistara SBI Card Prime ( Basic) and Club Vistara SBI Card Prime (Premium). Cards run on MasterCard network. Here is the detailed review of this card (Premium variant).
Club Vistara SBI Card Prime Charges
- Joining Fees: Rs.2,999+GST
- Renewal Fees: Rs.2,999+GST
- Add On Card : Nil
- Airlines Ticket: 1 Premium Economy ticket E-Gift Voucher
- After Payment of Annual Fees.
- The voucher will be mailed to you after 15 working days.
- VC Points: 3,000 VC Points of spends of Rs.75,000 within 90 days.
It’s evident from the above benefits that SBI Card compensates for joining fees by providing the premium economy ticket and 3,000 VC Points if we consider Economicy flight tickets from New Delhi to Bengaluru.
- CV Points : 4 CV Points on spends of Rs.200
- 1 Club Vistara Point = Rs.1
There is no exception for VC points generation, even fuel and utility bill payment offers rewards points(VC). VC Points can be used for redeem on Air Vistara and Partner Airlines through your VC account.
Club Vistara SBI Card Prime milestone benefits are cumulative in nature. You get 5 Premium tickets and 1 Hotel E-Voucher from Yatra worth Rs. 10,000 on reaching annual spends of Rs. 8 lakhs. Here are the details.
- Spends Rs.75,000 : 3,000 VC Points
- Spends Rs.1.5 Lakh: 1 Premium Tickets
- Spends Rs.3 Lakh: 2 Premium Tickets
- Spends Rs. 4.5 Lakh : 3 Premium Tickets
- Spends Rs. 4.5 Lakh: 4 Premium Tickets
- Spends Rs. 4.5 Lakh: 5 Premium Tickets and 1 Hotel E-Voucher from Yatra worth Rs. 10,000 on reaching annual spends of Rs. 8 lakhs.
So you get. 3,000 VC Points , 5 Premium Tickets and 1 Hotel E-Voucher from Yatra worth Rs.10,000 on reaching annual spends of Rs.8 lakhs.
Bonus CV Points will be credited to the Club Vistara Membership Account within 15 working days of reaching the spends.
Value Back Calculations
For value back calculation, I check the Premium Tickets from New Delhi to Bengaluru, each premium tickets worth Rs.6,328. See Pictures Attached.
So, what you get on annual spending of Rs.8 lakh. 5 Premium Tickets Rs.31,640 and 35,000 VC Points + Hotel Voucher Rs.10,000 so, rewards rate would be 9.20%.
Airport Lounge access
- Domestic: 8 complimentary visits per year ( Max 2 Per Quarter)
- International: Complimentary priority pass membership for the entire duration of cardholding & 4 complimentary visits per year. ( Max 2 Per Quarter), Priority Pass Membership provides this.
- To Apply for a Complimentary priority pass membership, visit here.
- Hertz Rental: Discounts up to 10%
- Rentalcars.com : 5% discount
- Air Accident: 1Cr
- Lost card liability: 1 Lakh
- Ticket cancellations : 6 cancellations per year(Max Rs.3,500 per tickets)
- Loss of check-in baggage: Rs.72,000
- Delay of check-in baggage: Rs.7,500
- Loss of travel documents: Rs.12,500
- Baggage Damage: Rs,5000
The insurance cover provided by Club Vistara SBI Card Prime is comprehensive, and limits are better than the regular version. You may use these benefits in an emergency.
Pros & Cons of Club Vistara SBI Card Prime
- Free flight cancellations
- Rs.10,000 Hotel Voucher
- 5 Premium Tickets
- Free Club Vistra Membership
- NO Lounge Access on Add-on Card
- You Must be a resident Indian.
- Your age should be between 21 to 70 years.
- You must have a Good Credit Score.
- Your resident address should be in the serviceable area.
Document required for Club Vistara SBI Card Prime
- Proof of Identity: PAN Card, Aadhaar card, Driver’s License, Passport, Voter’s ID, Overseas Citizen of India Card, Person of Indian Origin Card, Job card issued by NREGA, Letters issued by the UIDAI
- Proof of Address: Aadhaar card, Driver’s License, Passport, or similar documents.
- Proof of Income: Latest one or 2 salary slip (not more than 3 months old), Latest Form 16, Last 3 months’ bank statement
The card is pretty well designed and can be compared to Axis Vistara credit cards which have similar benefits. However, if we compare it with SBI Air India Signature Card which gives Business class tickets as milestone benefits, then this looks ugly. SBI Card should give at least a business class ticket for sake of competions. Even with these nuances, Club Vistara SBI Card is still a solid product.
What is your take on Club Vistara SBI Card Prime ?. Share your thought in your comment box below.