On May 14th, 2019,
Citibank and Paytm officially launched their Co-branded Paytm First Credit Card on the Visa network. It’s an entry-level credit card that offer1% cashback on all spends without any restriction. Here is a detailed review of this credit card.
Update: Please check out the latest review of this card here: Citi Bank Paytm First Card Review(Upgraded)
Table of Contents
- Citi Bank Paytm First Credit Card Joining and Annual Fees
- Paytm first credit card benefits
- Paytm first credit card features
- Pros and Cons of Paytm First Credit Card
- Paytm First Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
- How to get Paytm First credit card
Citi Bank Paytm First Credit Card Joining and Annual Fees
- Joining Fees: NIL
- Annual Fees: Rs. 500
Annual Fees of Rs. 500 will be waived off on spends of Rs. 50,000 or more in the previous year.
Paytm first credit card benefits
This credit card comes with a default rewards rate of 1% cashback without any restriction. 1% cashback will be auto-credited in the next statement. You can see in the below photo cashback has been credited in the next statement without any restriction. Even on Rent payment through CRED ( Dreamplug), cashback has been given.
Paytm first credit card features
This credit is a Co-branded entry-level credit card, so we should expect great features. Below are the minimal features.
- This credit is issued on the Visa Network and acceptable across the world. International transactions are disabled by default as per RBI guidelines. If you want to use this credit for international transactions, you need to first switch-on for the international transactions through CITIBABK Mobile App or Netbanking.
- Citi Bank Paytm First credit also offer low-interest rate on Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) options.
- Seamless integration with the Paytm app, apart from Citi Bank Paytm First credit card statement, can also check all transactions in PayTM App.
- Exclusive offers on dining, shopping & travel using the Citi Privileges platform.
- 1+1 Movie tickets
- Complimentary One Year Paytm First Membership
Paytm first credit card offer-CITIFRIDAYS
Using the Promo code ‘CITIFRIDAYS’ you can book a minimum of two tickets every Friday, Buy one ticket, and get one movie ticket free on using Paytm First Credit card however a total discount is limited to Rs. 300/-
The promo code can be used to book movie tickets for any show-date. However, the transaction using promo-code can be made only on Fridays
Check other T & C
Pros and Cons of Paytm First Credit Card
- 1% cashback, better than other Entry-level credit cards.
- Simple & straight reward redemption process
- 1% cashback without any restrictions even on Utility Payment
- No redemption Fees
- No maximum cap on reward points monthly or Yearly
- No need to full other T & C.
- NO accelerated rewards points or cashback
- No Bonus points
- Limited to a few cities.
- Application only through Paytm App
Paytm First Credit Card Eligibility Criteria
There are no eligibility criteria to apply for this credit card. Citi Bank and Paytm have jointly developed a selection tool to identify potential customers. This will help enable customers to own a credit card without requiring a prior credit history.
However as per current statics Citibank and Paytm offering this credit card to a customer who has good relations and transactions with Paytm.
The Paytm First credit card is available only for selected customers, you can check you are eligible or not through Paytm App. You should also check your Address falls in Citi Bank serviceable area. Currently, this credit card is available in tier 2/3 cities as well
How to get Paytm First credit card
You can apply for this credit card Paytm App( Check your app have the latest version), You can get Paytm first credit card application link on Paytm App. Just click on the link fill in all the forms and submit.
Here is my experience for apply for paytm first credit card.
- Day First- Applied through Paytm App
- Day Second-Verification call received the next day, they enquired about Company name, salary, Office Address, and Office address.
- Day Third -Handed over PAN card and Addhar Card to Citi Bank Agent on 3rd days. He did not ask about Salary SLIP or Income Proof.
- Day Fourth– Again verification call received
- Day Fifth– Email received that application has been approved and the 9th Day card received. Paytm first credit card application status was also showing on Paytm App.
The card was received delivered through Blue Dart Courier. The credit card limit is Rs. 60,000 which is quite good considering the card was issued without Income Proof
Paytm first credit card offer- Apply Offer
If you apply for this credit from 1st August to 31st August, you will get Rs. 1000 cashback, the only condition is that you should spend Rs—5000 with your new Paytm First card within 30 days of card issuance.
Cashback will be credited to your credit card account within 90 days of fulfilling the eligibility criteria on a best effort basis. The timeline provided for cashback is only indicative of
the expected period and may differ from the actual date. See Cash Photo which I have received.
Citi Bank Paytm first credit card Review
Paytm first credit card is entry-level credit which gives 1% cashback on all spending without any restriction. This is an amazing card for those who do not credit cards to date. However, I would say ICICI Amazon Pay credit card has an edge over the Paytm card for Amazon users because of its offer of 5% back on Amazon. for Amazon Prime customers.
Do you have any queries in this regards?……, Kindly ask in the comment box below.