Short answer No. The Apple Card is a new credit card from Apple that can be used anywhere that accepts Mastercard. However, there are some places where you might not be able to use your Apple Card.
Here’s a look at where you can and can’t use the Apple Card.
Some Major Retailers Don’t Accept Apple Pay
One of the benefits of the Apple Card is that it can be used anywhere that accepts Apple Pay. However, some major retailers don’t accept Apple Pay, including Walmart and Costco.
If you’re planning on using your Apple Card at one of these retailers, you’ll need to use another form of payment.
In addition, the Apple Card is linked with the Mastercard payment network. While Mastercard is accepted by most retailers, there are still some that don’t accept it such as food trucks, mom-and-pop stores, and bodegas.
In order to start using Apple Pay, you will need an iPhone model that is compatible with the service (this includes the iPhone 6 or later). If you do not have one of these models, you will need to purchase one before being able to utilize Apple Pay.
Can i use apple card in store?
The short answer is yes, but there are a few things to keep in mind. According to Apple, Apple Pay is accepted at roughly 70% of merchants. You may encounter several instances where Apple Pay isn’t an option.
In these cases, you’ll need to use a different, physical credit card to pay. if you have physical Apple Card, you can use it anywhere that accepts Mastercard. However, you will only get 1% cashback on these purchases
So, can the Apple Card be used anywhere? Unfortunately, the answer is no. Some major retailers don’t accept Apple Pay, and not all stores are equipped to handle it. However, if you have an iPhone 6 or later, you should be able to use Apple Pay at most retailers that accept Mastercard.
- As a personal finance and credit cards expert, I provide valuable insights and advice on budgeting, saving, investing, and debt management. I am also an expert on credit card rewards programs and help readers make informed decisions about which cards are right for them. My goal is to help people improve their financial literacy and make better financial choices.
- Barclays bank2023.06.03What to Do If You’ve Lost Your JetBlue Credit Card?
- Answers2023.06.03Got a Misprinted JetBlue Credit Card? How Can You Fix It Quickly and Efficiently?
- Answers2023.05.31Does Fortiva Have Pre-Approval?
- Fintech2023.05.22Limited-Time Offer: AmEx Green Card’s Enhanced 60K Points Welcome Bonus and In-Depth Analysis