Bihar State Government had launched Bihar Student Credit Card in 2016 to increase GROSS ENROLMENT RATIO (GER) in higher educations. GROSS ENROLMENT RATIO (GER) in Bihar is very low compared to the national GER ratio that is 24%. Through the Bihar Student Credit Card scheme, the government intends to boost this ratio to 30% in 5 years.
Let us understand and review this credit card, why you need this card. Here is everything you should know about ……
What is Bihar Student Credit Card
Bihar Student Credit Card Scheme was launched to provide financial support for those students who have passed their 12th class from Bihar Examination Board and willing to pursue higher education but unable to study due to financial constraints.
Under this scheme ,35 lakhs, student will get Bihar Student Credit Card.
You must fulfill below mentioned criteria, otherwise your are not eligible of this card.
- You should be an Indian national to be eligible for the scheme.
- It would be best if you were a resident of Bihar.
- Your age should be below 25 or below 25.
- You must have passed 12th or equivalent from Institutions recognized by Bihar School Exam Committee, i.e., Central Board of Secondary Education or Equivalent boards, Sub-Shastri students from Institutions recognized by Bihar State Sanskrit Education Board, Moulvi passed student from recognized Institute by Bihar State Madarsa Board.
- All the above Educational Institutes need to be situated in Bihar.
- If you are a degree holder of one level, you will not be covered for the same group’s degree under this scheme.
- For Example, If you are currently studying science graduate, you are not eligible for graduate-level courses for studying again in any other Faculty of Arts, Science, and Commerce.
- However, you are eligible for pursuing higher education under courses like MBA, CA, or other courses.
- You already have enrolled or selected for enrolment for pursuing higher education in the educational institutions recognized by agencies of Bihar Govt. or another state Govts. Or the Central Govt.
- Your CIBIL Score will decide the fate of the Bihar Student Credit Card.
- IF your CIBIL Score is 700 or more, then the Bank Branch manager will sanction the card and limit; otherwise, the next higher authority will approve the same.
- The requirement for a CIBIL Score of 700 or more, is the most detrimental aspect of the Bihar Student Credit Card scheme. Most the student shall not have a Credit score. Credit score only builds, if you have taken a Credit card or taken any kind of loan in your portfolio, otherwise CIBIL Score will be Nil.
- If you do not have a Credit Score or CIBIL score, how to Build the Score score quickly.
Here is the list of all the document required for Bihar Student Credit Card.
- Filed Application from.
- Approved Course Structures
- Fees Schedules
- 2 passport Size Photo
- Mark sheets of 10th and 12th standard
- The Document for enrolled or selected for enrolment for pursuing higher education
- Documents for proof of Address
- Identity proof such as an Aadhaar card and PAN card, a copy of a Passport.
- Bank account statements for Six months.
- Other documents like family income certificate along with Form 16.
Features & benefits of Bihar Student Credit Card
- You can get a loan amount of up to Rs.4 lakh
- Interest rate as low as 1% for girls, transgender, and students with disabilities.
- The government in extreme cases may entirely waive off the outstanding balance.
- Credit card repayment begins once the course is complete and you secure a job.
- Repayment of the loan will be in Equated Monthly Installments of (EMI) for a period of 15 years.
- Repayment Holiday / Moratorium – Course period + 1 year.
How to Apply for Bihar Student Credit Card
50 1 day
Visit the official Website
You need to visit the official website and click on new registration, Register as a new user.
Fill in the Contact details
You need to fill in the Name, Mobile Number, and Email ID and type the characters given in the picture below then click on the “Send OTP” button. An OTP message is sent on the email Id and mobile number by SMS. You need to enter the OTP and clicks on submit button. A confirmation message is displayed, just to confirm details are correct. User names and passwords will be sent to your E-mail inbox.
Login with User ID and Password
Visit again the official website, and login with user id and passwords provided in the E-mail ID. Youi will be promoted to change the password, just change the password. Fill in the information on the Personal Information Page. After filling all the information, you need to click on the submit button. A confirmation message is displayed, then clicks on “ok” to confirm that the details are correct.
Select the Types of Schemes and fill in the required information.
You need to select one of the Schemes for a drop-down menu to apply. For applying for Bihar Student Credit Card selects “BSCC” and to click on apply and provide the all details like Personal information and all information as discussed above. At last TAB, you will see the option to submit the application.
Visit the DRCC on the allocated date
After the successful submission of form, the PDF copy of acknowledgement will mailed to registered E-mail ID. The Manager of respective DRCC will then Schedule the appointment for DRCC depending on the capacity of DRCC, you will het SMS or E-mail for Schedule the appointment date. You need to visit the DRCC on the allocated date with a self attested photocopy of the documents and will be given a token at the gate.
Submit the All Details Multipurpose assistant (MPA)
Submit all the documents to MPA. MPA will authenticate the applicant
through Aadhar and verify other details, scan the documents, and capture photographs. On successful completion, MPA will be given an acknowledgment slip.
Wait for the Processing of Application
Wait for at least 60 days, Your application will be processed by the various department of the bank and m Education Department. You will get an SMS and email from DRCC for collecting the Bihar Student Credit Card and sanction letter of the loan.
Disbursement of Loan by the bank
Just visit the Bank for completing the documentation formalities. Will get the loan by the bank and the same will be informed to the DRCC by bank officials.
What is the use of the Bihar Student Credit Card
Bihar Student Credit Card can be used for paying below fees.
- Fee payable to the college, and hostel
- Examination, Library and Laboratory fee
- Caution deposit, Building fund refundable deposit supported by Institution bills/receipts.
- Purchase of books/ equipment / instruments / uniforms
- Purchase of computer at a reasonable cost, if required for completion of the course
- Any other expense required to complete the course – like study tours, project work, thesis, etc.
- While computing the loan required, scholarships, fee waiver, etc., if any available to the student borrower may be taken into account. If the scholarship component is included in the loan assessment, it may be ensured that the scholarship amount gets credited to the loan account when received from the Government.
Bihar Student Credit Card scheme was launched for the betterment of Bihar students. But we have seen above, if you want his card, you have to fulfill a lot of formalities. Bihar Government should have made simple for application, but that is not the case. Many students need this credit card, but could not get this due to a lot of diffuclity.
Bihar Student Credit Card
What is the Bihar Student Credit Card College list 2021?
One of the conditions of getting this credit card is, College should be recognized by the Bihar Education Board, you can check the all college list from the official website, here is the link.
What is the Bihar Student Credit Card Interest rate?
Normally the charges are 4% for normal student and 1% for women, disabled and transgender through “Bihar Student Education Finance Corporation (BSEF)”. Interest rate also changes from bank to banks.
What is the Bihar Student Credit Card Toll-Free Number
For any query related to the scheme, you can call on Bihar student credit card helpline number – 1800 3456 444.