If you’re looking for the best debit card for free airport lounge access, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about getting free lounge access with your debit card.
We’ll cover the different types of lounges available, as well as the benefits of having free lounge access. By the end of this article, you’ll be able to make an informed decision about which debit card is right for you!
In India, having a credit or debit card is practically a necessity. With 50.3 million people owning credit cards and 840.6 million people possessing debit cards, it’s no wonder that these plastic cards are so popular for spending. In fact, debit cards are still the most popular type of card used in India.
While many travel credit cards in India offer complimentary lounge access as an added benefit, there are also some good options for those who only have a debit card.
Before we get into the best debit cards for free airport lounge access, let’s first take a look at the different types of airport lounges available in India.
Types of Lounges Access
There are three main types of airport lounges: Domestic, International, and premium.
- Domestic lounges are only available to those flying within India.
- International lounges can be used by passengers departing on an international flight or arriving from an international flight.
- Premium lounges are a step above the rest, offering more luxurious amenities and services.
Now that we’ve gone over the different types of airport lounges, let’s take a look at some of the best debit cards for free lounge access in India!
Best Debit Card for Free Airport Lounge Access
- Bank of India Ru-pay Platinum debit card
- HDFC Ru-pay Premium Debit Card
- HDFC Bank Millennia Debit Card
- IndusInd signature exclusive debit card
- SBI Platinum International Debit Card
- ICICI Bank Coral Debit Card
- Axis Bank Wealth Debit Card
- Axis Bank Priority Debit Card
- Kotak Infinite Wealth Management Debit Card
- ICICI Bank Sapphiro Debit Card
List of the Best Debit Card for Free Airport Lounge Access in India.
1.Bank of India RuPay Platinum Debit Card
The Bank of India has launched a new debit card called the RuPay Platinum Debit Card. This is an international and domestic ATM withdrawals as well as online purchases godcard which can be used at any place that accepts Visa or MasterCard!
- Debit Card Issuance Charge– Rs. 200
- Annual Charge – Rs.200
- Card shield Facility(Insurance) charges: Issues charges Rs.100 and Annual charges only Rs.25/
- Free Lounge Access benefits– Free Lounge Access (2 per quarter) in selective Domestic Airport.
- Eligibility: All SB, Current, and OD account holders.
- ATM Daily Transaction Limit: Rs. 50000 domestically and the equivalent of Rs 50000 abroad.
2. HDFC RuPay Premium Debit Card
If you have an HDFC account( Saving, Salary, or other), you may ask the bank to issue a Rupay card instead of their regular debit card or convert the existing debit card into a Rupay debit card.
- Annual fees: Rs. 200+GST
- Airport Lounge Access: 8 Airport Lounge access benefits( Limited to 2 per calendar quarter)
- A nominal transaction fee of Rs. 2 per access will be charged to the card.
Other Benefits HDFC RuPay Premium Debit Card
- 5% CashBack on utility bill payments limited to Rs. 50 per month
- Cashback will be credited within 90 days from the date of the transaction.
- Fuel surcharge waiver on transaction done on HDFC Bank swipe machines
- RuPay Premium Debit Card Offers: Being a Rupay Debit card, all offers applicable on Rupay card is also applicable on HDFC RuPay Premium Debit Card
- Insurance Cover: Personal Accident Death Cover of up to ₹10 lakhs.
- Permanent Disability Insurance covers up to Rs. 2 lacs.
- International Air Cover: Rs.1 Crore on purchase of air ticket using your Debit Card
- Fire & Burglary: Items purchased under Debit Card (up to 90 days) – Sum assured Rs. 200,000.
- Loss of checked baggage: Sum assured Rs. 2,00,000
- Check other T & C for claiming Insurance coverage
HDFC RuPay Premium Debit Card is the Best Debit Card for Free Airport Lounge Access in India. Its features and benefits are similar to credit cards.
3. HDFC Bank Millennia Debit Card
HDFC Bank Millennia Debit Card and credit was issued BY HDFC bank in partnership with MasterCard, targeting the millennials of India. A quick look at the features of debit cards is here; you can also check the detailed review of HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card.
- Annual Fees: Rs.500+GST
- Eligibility criteria: You should have Savings Account, Current Account, Super Saver Account, Loan Against Shares Account, Salary Account.
- 5% CashBack points on shopping via PayZapp and SmartBuy
- 2.5% CashBack points on all online Spends
- 1% CashBack points on all offline spends and Wallet reloads
- Free Domestic Airport Lounge access: 4 Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge access annually
- Insurance Cover: Accidental insurance cover up to Rs.10 lakhs
- For getting cashback points, the minimum transaction should be at least Rs.400
- No Cas-back points for transactions on Fuel, Jewelry & Business Services including Credit Card Payment, Insurance Premium Payment & other Business Services
- Cashback Points will be credited in 90 days from the end of the transaction month
4. Indusind Signature Exclusive Debit Card
Indusind Signature Exclusive Debit Card offers Free Complimentary Lounge access at select Domestic & International airports in India. You can use 2 lounge benefits per quarter. Other benefits of this card are below.
- Zero Cross Currency Mark-up
- Joining Benefits :
- 100 Reward Points – On your first shopping
- 100 Bonus Points On activation of the card
- 100 Bonus Points for activating NB using this Card
- 100 Bonus Points for activating Mobile Banking
- Movies benefits :
- Buy one Get One – movie tickets on bookmyshow.com
- Travel Benefits:
- 6X rewards for Online and International usage
The rewards structure of this debit card is perfect. However, you should remember, this comes only with the Indusind Exclusive account.
5. SBI Platinum International Debit Card
SBI Bank, by default, issues classic Debit cards. Hence if you are interested in SBI Platinum Debit Card, you need to put a specific request for it. You should select Mastercard over Visa for better Lounge Access benefits.
- Lounge access benefits :
- 2 Domestic lounge access benefits per quarter
- The cost of a Debit card is only Rs. 300 per year
- Other benefits( Rewards points)
- 1 Reward points for Rs. 200 spends
6. ICICI Bank Coral Debit Card
ICICI Bank Coral Debit Card also offers Complimentary airport lounge access for the primary cardholder. Here are all the details.
- Lounge access benefits :
- Two complimentary airport lounge access per calendar quarter per card
- However, it would be best if you spent at least Rs. 3000/- in the previous quarter
- Rewards :
- 2 rewards points on every Rs. 200 spends on India.
- 4 rewards points on every Rs. 200 spends on outside India
- Other Benefits
- Rs 600 cashback on domestic flight booking through MakeMyTrip
- 25% discount on movie tickets done on Bookmyshow
- 25% discount on movie tickets done on INOX movies
7. Axis Bank Wealth Debit Card
Axis bank Wealth Debit Card is only available to Wealth Account holders of Axis Bank. This Debit card also offers Lounge access benefits. However, this debit card is issued free of cost to Burgundy customers. Here are the details about Axis Bank Wealth Debit Card.
Benefits of Axis Bank Wealth Debit Card.
- 2 Complimentary Lounge access benefits per Quarter in year.
- The Lounge access beneits are available only at the specified airport.
- Personal accident cover of Rs.10 Lakh.
- Air Accident cover of Rs.1 crore.
- The Debit card will be designed as per your wish.
- Issued free of cost to Wealth account holder and Burgundy card holder.
- You vcan get 15% off at partner restaurants.
- Free ATM withdrawl from any Bank’s ATM, anywhere in India.
8. Axis Bank Priority Debit Card
Priority Debit Card has been designed exclusively for Priority customers. You can get this debit card if you open a Priority Saving account with Axis Bank.
Here are the main benefits of the Priority Debit Card.
- 4 Lounge access Benefits
- Free issuance to Axis Bank Priority Account holder.
- 20% off at partner resturents.
- 25% Discount on Movie Tickets.
- The maxmium Discount is up-to Rs.350 Per month.
- 1000 Axis Edge Rewards points Debit Card activation within 30 days of Card activation.
- ContantLess payment up to Rs.5,000.
- Unlimited Free ATM Transction limit anywhere in India.
- ATM withdrawal Limit of Rs.1 Lakh.
- Peronal Accident insurance cover of Rs.10 Lakh.
- Cross Currency Mark Fees of Up to 3.5%.
9. Kotak Infinite Wealth Management Debit Card
Infinite Debit Card from Kotak Mahindra Bank is exclusively curated for Kotak Wealth Management customers. This Kotak Debit card offers 2 free Lounge access per calendar quarter to a specified airport. Here us more details about Kotak Infinite Wealth Management Debit Card.
Benefits if Infinite Wealth Management Debit Card
- 2 free Lounge access per calendar quarter.
- Purchasing Limit: Rs. 5,00,000
- ATM Withdrawal: Rs. 2,50,000/-
- Fuel Surcharge waive up to Rs. 30,000
- Lost Card Liability: Rs. 6,00,000
- Purchase Protection Limit: Rs. 1,50,000
- Lost Baggage Insurance: Rs. 1,00,000
- Air Accident Insurance: Rs. 5,00,00,000
- Personal Accidental Death Cover of up to Rs 25 lakhs.
10. ICICI Bank Sapphiro Debit Card
ICICI Bank Sapphiro Debit Card is one the best Debit card issued by ICICI bank. This Debit card offers a lot of benefits to the cardholder. This Debit card offers 12 Lounge access benefits per year with some conditions.
Benefits of ICICI Bank Sapphiro Debit Card
- Get 25% discount on movie tickets at bookmyshow and INOX Movies multiplexes.
- Maximum 4 complimentary access per calendar quarter per card.
- However, you need to spends at least Rs. 5,000 on your card in the previous calendar quarter.
- Zero surcharge on fuel purchases.
- Earn 4 ICICI Bank Reward Points on domestic spends.
- 8 ICICI Bank Reward Points on international transaction.
- Up To Rs. 2,50,000 Daily cash withdrawal limit at ATM( Domestic)
- Up to Rs. 2,50,0000 Daily cash withdrawal limit at ATM ( Inetrnational)
- Rs. 1,000 Kaya Gift Voucher as Joining Voucher.
- Central voucher worth Rs 500 (on minimum spend of Rs 2,500).
- However, one of the Demarits of his Debit are, issue and Joining fees are very Hingh.
- Joining fee: Rs.1999 plus 18% GST
- Annual fee:Rs.1499 plus 18% GST ( Charged only after Second year)
I think ICICI Bank Coral Debit Card is the Debit Card in India for Free Airport Lounge Access and rewards points.
Do you have a favorite debit card that offers airport lounge access? We’d love to hear about it in the comments. And don’t forget to share this post if you found it helpful!