Which is the Best Debit Card for Free Airport Lounge Access ??… Are you a frequent traveler, or you are someone who does not have a credit card and still wishes to enjoy Free Airport Lounge Access, then you are at the right place? I will share the lists of the Best Debit Card for Free Airport Lounge Access in India.
Free airport lounge access is a luxury much sought by frequent travelers. But the entry to these lounges is not free. This is why many travel credit cards in India offer complimentary lounge access as an added benefit. Check best credit card for Lounge Access benefits.
As per the RBI report, India has 50.3M credit cards and 840.6M debit cards. The credit card to debit card ratio is very low. The credit card growth rate has outpaced debit credit, but the Debit card is still king in all types of spends. You can check the full RBI report here
I will share the Best Debit for Free Airport Lounge Access in India and have the lowest Issue charges.
List of the Best Debit Card for Free Airport Lounge Access in India.
1.Bank of India RuPay Platinum Debit Card
You can use this Debit card for domestic and international transactions; however, international e-commerce transactions are not allowed. Below is all detail of the Bank of India RuPay Platinum Debit Card.
- Debit Card Issuance Charge– Rs. 200
- Annual Charge – Rs.200
- Card shield Facility(Insurance) charges: Issues charges Rs.100 and Annual charges only Rs.25/
- Free Lounge Access benefits– Free Lounge Access (2 per quarter) in selective Domestic Airport.
- Eligibility: All SB, Current, and OD account holders.
- ATM Daily Transaction Limit: Rs. 50000 domestically and the equivalent of Rs 50000 abroad.
2. HDFC RuPay Premium Debit Card
If you have an HDFC account( Saving, Salary, or other), you may ask the bank to issue a Rupay card instead of their regular debit card or convert the existing debit card into a Rupay debit card.
- Annual fees: Rs. 200+GST
- Airport Lounge Access: 8 Airport Lounge access benefits( Limited to 2 per calendar quarter)
- A nominal transaction fee of Rs. 2 per access will be charged to the card.
Other Benefits HDFC RuPay Premium Debit Card
- 5% CashBack on utility bill payments limited to Rs. 50 per month
- Cashback will be credited within 90 days from the date of the transaction.
- Fuel surcharge waiver on transaction done on HDFC Bank swipe machines
- RuPay Premium Debit Card Offers: Being a Rupay Debit card, all offers applicable on Rupay card is also applicable on HDFC RuPay Premium Debit Card
- Insurance Cover: Personal Accident Death Cover of up to ₹10 lakhs.
- Permanent Disability Insurance covers up to Rs. 2 lacs.
- International Air Cover: Rs.1 Crore on purchase of air ticket using your Debit Card
- Fire & Burglary: Items purchased under Debit Card (up to 90 days) – Sum assured Rs. 200,000.
- Loss of checked baggage: Sum assured Rs. 2,00,000
- Check other T & C for claiming Insurance coverage
HDFC RuPay Premium Debit Card is the Best Debit Card for Free Airport Lounge Access in India. Its features and benefits are similar to credit cards.
3. HDFC Bank Millennia Debit Card
HDFC Bank Millennia Debit Card and credit was issued BY HDFC bank in partnership with MasterCard, targeting the millennials of India. A quick look at the features of debit cards are here, you can also check the details review of HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card
- Annual Fees: Rs.500+GST
- Eligibility criteria: You should have Savings Account, Current Account, Super Saver Account, Loan Against Shares Account, Salary Account.
- 5% CashBack points on shopping via PayZapp and SmartBuy
- 2.5% CashBack points on all online Spends
- 1% CashBack points on all offline spends and Wallet reloads
- Free Domestic Airport Lounge access: 4 Complimentary Domestic Airport Lounge access annually
- Insurance Cover: Accidental insurance cover up to Rs.10 lakhs
1. For getting cashback points, the minimum transaction should be at least Rs.400
2. No CashBack points for transactions on Fuel, Jewellery & Business Services including Credit Card Payment, Insurance Premium Payment & other Business Services
3. CashBack Points will be credited in 90 days from the end of the transaction month
4. Indusind Signature Exclusive Debit Card
Indusind Signature Exclusive Debit Card offers Free Complimentary Lounge access at select Domestic & International airports in India. You can use 2 lounge benefits per quarter. other benefits of this card are below.
- Zero Cross Currency Mark-up
- Joining Benefits :
- 100 Reward Points – On your first shopping
- 100 Bonus Points On activation of the card
- 100 Bonus Points for activating NB using this Card
- 100 Bonus Points for activating Mobile Banking
- Movies benefits :
- Buy one Get One – movie tickets on bookmyshow.com
- Travel Benefits:
- 6X rewards for Online and International usage
The rewards structure of this debit card is very good. However you should remember, this comes only with the Indusind Exclusive account.
5. SBI Platinum International Debit Card
SBI Bank, by default, issues classic Debit cards. Hence if you are interested in SBI Platinum Debit Card, you need to put a specific request for it. You should select Mastercard over Visa for better Lounge Access benefits.
- Lounge access benefits :
- 2 Domestic lounge access benefits per quarter
- The cost of a Debit card is only Rs. 300 per year
- Other benefits( Rewards points)
- 1 Reward points for Rs. 200 spends
6. ICICI Bank Coral Debit Card
ICICI Bank Coral Debit Card also offers Complimentary airport lounge access for the primary cardholder, here are all the details.
- Lounge access benefits :
- Two complimentary airport lounge access per calendar quarter per card
- However, it would be best if you spent at least Rs. 3000/- in the previous quarter
- Rewards :
- 2 rewards points on every Rs. 200 spends on India.
- 4 rewards points on every Rs. 200 spends on outside India
- Other Benefits
- Rs 600 cashback on domestic flight booking through MakeMyTrip
- 25% discount on movie tickets done on Bookmyshow
- 25% discount on movie tickets done on INOX movies
I think ICICI Bank Coral Debit Card is the Debit Card in India for Free Airport Lounge Access along with rewards points.