If you are an Amtrak Guest Rewards credit cardholder from Bank of America, you have probably received notice that your account will be managed by a new bank. There are some changes to the credit cards to note for the future, including changes to benefits and rewards. Existing cardholders are receiving documents in the mail detailing these changes. Here is what you need to know about this transition.
What are the Amtrak Guest Rewards credit card changes?
The Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum Mastercard and Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard are no longer available on the Bank of America website. Existing cardholders are receiving documents in the mail detailing changes to their credit cards.
First National Bank of Omaha is acquiring these accounts from Bank of America. Existing cardholders will receive new Amtrak Guest Rewards credit cards in the mail no later than Oct. 23, 2022, and can use their new cards as of 12 p.m. CDT on that date if need be.
Do rewards change with the new credit card?
Yes, there are some changes to the rewards structure with the new credit card. Starting Oct. 23, 2022, cardholders will earn: Here is a rundown of the new benefits:
Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard to Amtrak Guest Rewards Preferred Mastercard
The Amtrak Guest Rewards World Mastercard will be renamed the Amtrak Guest Rewards Preferred Mastercard, and it will feature a different earning structure and privileges:
- For every dollar you spend on Amtrak, including onboard purchases, you will earn three points.
- Earn two points for every dollar spent on dining, travel, transit, and rideshare purchases.
- Earn 1 point for every dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Amtrak Cardmembers get a 20% discount on onboard food and drinks paid for with the card.
- The annual fee will rise from $79 to $99.
The Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum Mastercard will be converted to the Amtrak Guest Rewards Mastercard.
The Amtrak Guest Rewards Mastercard will feature a different earning structure and privileges:
- You’ll earn two points for every dollar you spend on Amtrak purchases, including onboard purchases.
- You will earn two points for every dollar you spend on dining.
- You’ll earn one point for every dollar you spend on anything else.
- The card also comes with a 10% discount on Amtrak onboard meals and beverages paid for with the card.
- No yearly fee.
What won’t change?
FNBO is changing some aspects of their credit cards, but account holders will keep their credit limits and anniversary dates. Many benefits and points-earning capabilities will also be maintained.
For example, the Amtrak Mastercard Preferred version allows users to earn Tier Qualifying Points, which help with elite status in the Amtrak Guest Rewards program.FNBO’s 5% points redemption rebate will continue — a valuable feature for cardholders.
A spokesperson for FNBO confirmed that the 5% points redemption rebate will continue — a valuable feature for cardholders. Plus, Amtrak points will never expire as long as the cardholder has any activity on their account every 36 months.
So if you’re an occasional traveler or want to take a break from using your card for a while, your points won’t disappear. These changes go into effect on October 1st, 2019 so cardmembers have time to adjust. All in all, while some things are changing with FNBO credit cards, many features and benefits will remain the same.
So if you are an existing Amtrak Guest Rewards credit cardholder from Bank of America, be on the lookout for your new credit card from First National Bank of Omaha in the next few weeks! And don’t forget to activate your new card as soon as you receive it so you can continue earning points towards free travel on Amtrak trains!
- As a personal finance and credit cards expert, I provide valuable insights and advice on budgeting, saving, investing, and debt management. I am also an expert on credit card rewards programs and help readers make informed decisions about which cards are right for them. My goal is to help people improve their financial literacy and make better financial choices.
- Barclays bank2023.06.03What to Do If You’ve Lost Your JetBlue Credit Card?
- Answers2023.06.03Got a Misprinted JetBlue Credit Card? How Can You Fix It Quickly and Efficiently?
- Answers2023.05.31Does Fortiva Have Pre-Approval?
- Fintech2023.05.22Limited-Time Offer: AmEx Green Card’s Enhanced 60K Points Welcome Bonus and In-Depth Analysis