American Express SmartEarn Credit Card is an entry-level credit card targeted to mass. This credit has low joining and Annual Fees, Apart from that Annual Fees is waived off if you spend Rs. 40K in the previous year. Here is the details Review about this credit card.
Table of Contents
American Express SmartEarn Credit Card Joining and Annual Fees
Amex compensates the joining fees by offering Rs. 500/-cashback if you spend Rs. 10,000/- within 90 days Card Membership. Also, you get a renewal fee waiver on spending Rs. 40,000 in the previous years.
American Express SmartEarn Credit card Benefits
Amex credit offre two types of Rewards, Regular rewards and Accelerated Rewards
- MR Points: 1 MR Point for every Rs.50 spending
- Default rewards Rate : 0.50% to 0.1%
- The Default rewards rate is not available on Fuel, Insurance, Utilities, Cash Transactions
- Rewards points are also not available on EMI conversion at Points on sale. However, you will earn MR points on all EMI transactions through American Express Safe-Key and on all EMI conversions done post-purchase.
- 10X Rewards: You will get 10X Rewards on Flipkart and UIber Partner
- 5X Rewards -:You will get 5X rewards points on Amazon, Swiggy, BookMyShow, and more.
- Max Cap for 10X Partner: 500 Points per merchant per month
- Max Cap for 5X Partner: 250 Points per month per merchant
- Partner Merchant: Check the latest partner merchants
The Major shortfall this credit card is, Rewards points are capped to 500 points per month for 10X partner and 250 points for 5X partner
As you know, HDFC Card run 10X rewards program for its affluent customer like Hdfc Bank Infinia Credit Card, HDFC Dinner Black, etc..
American Express credit card has taken inspiration from the HDFC card to run a 10X and 5X rewards program.
But there are significant differences between Amex 10X rewards program and the HDFC 10X rewards program. Amex 10X rewards program focus on the entry-level customer, and HDFC 10X focus on its Premium customers. The targeted segment is a vast difference.
Fuel Surcharge waiver
- 0% fuel conveyance surcharge if the transaction is below Rs. 25k at HPCL
- 0.3% fuel conveyance surcharge if the transaction is above Rs. 25k at HPCL
Superior Support Services
American express is well known for its customer support services. Below are some of them.
- 24X7 Card Related Assistance– You can call/chat to Amex Customer service 24X7
- Dispute Resolution
- Emergency Card Replacement
- You will receive a supplementary Credit card without any fees.
- NIL Credit card Liability: If you inform the Amex Support for any fraud on the credit card within three working days, then the Fraud liability will be Zero. After three days, your maximum liability will be zero.
Pros and Cons American Express SmartEarn Credit Card
- Low Joining and Annual fees
- Basic Fees Waiver limit Rs. 40K
- Accelerated Rewards Points
- Superior Customer Support Services
- Low-Interest EMI Rate
- 10X Rewards Program inferior to HDFC 10X Rewards Program
- Fuel Conveyance Waiver only at HPCL
- 10X Rewards Points is limited to 500 points per month.
American Express SmartEarn Credit card Eligibility criteria
American Express SmartEarn Credit card is entry-level credit so, and eligibility criteria are not so stringent. Below are the details.
- Your age Should be between 18 to 65 Years.
- You should be resident in India.
- Salaried– Your annual income should be above 4.5 lakh
- Self Employed-Your annual income/ITR should be above 6 lakh.
- Your residential address should be in the below-mentioned cities.
- Delhi/NCR, Mumbai, Bangalore, Chennai, Pune, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Indore, Coimbatore, Chandigarh, Ahmedabad
- and of course, Good Credit history is a must.
American Express SmartEarn Credit Card Review
American Express SmartEarn Credit card is favorable for a person who wants to hold Amex Card in their wallets but does not wish to spend much. This credit is good to start a relationship with Amex.
This credit card has been marketed as an entry-level credit card, but the Entry-level segment love to received as direct cashback in statement than rewards points.