If you’re looking to get an American Eagle Store Card credit limit increase, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will provide you with some tips on howto go about doing just that. So without further ado, let’s get started!
Why you might want a credit limit increase
There are a few reasons you might want to ask for a credit limit increase from your issuer. If you have a good history of making payments on time and keeping your balance low, you may be able to successfully request a higher credit limit.
This could help you in two ways: first, it could improve your credit score (since your credit utilization would be lower); and second, it could give you more flexibility and buying power in case of an emergency. Of course, you’ll need to be mindful of not spending too much just because you have a higher credit limit!
Eligibility for a Credit Limit Increase
Before you request a credit limit increase, it’s important to make sure that you qualify.
- One factor that will be considered is your credit history—specifically, whether you’ve been making on-time payments.
- Another factor is your current debt-to-income ratio. If you have a lot of outstanding debt, it may be difficult to get an increase.
If you’re not sure whether you qualify, the best thing to do is to call Synchrony Bank at 1-877-379-8173 and ask. The customer service representative will be able to give you more information about your specific situation.
How to request a credit limit increase Online or by Phone
Once you’ve determined that you’re eligible for an increase, you can request one online or by phone.
- If you request an increase online, log in to your account and look for the option to “Request a Credit Limit Increase.”
- If you request an increase by phone, call Synchrony Bank at 1-877-379-8173 and follow the prompts.
Once your request has been processed, you’ll receive notice of the decision by mail. If your request is approved, you’ll get your increased credit limit within 7-10 business days.
If your request is denied, you’ll still be able to use your existing card with the same credit limit.
What to do if your credit limit is not increased
Being denied a credit limit increase can be frustrating, especially if you were counting on the extra spending power. But don’t despair – there are still options available to you.
- First, it’s worth checking with the credit card company to see if they can reconsider their decision. Maybe they made an error or simply didn’t take into account all of your financial information.
- If that doesn’t work, consider contacting other credit card companies and applying for a new card with a higher limit.
- Alternatively, you could also try improving your credit score by paying off debts and making timely payments; over time, this will likely lead to a higher credit limit.
Remember to be diligent about staying within your means and using credit wisely – even if your limit is not increased right now, taking steps towards improving your credit can pay off in the long run.
If you’re an American Eagle or Aerie store cardholder who wants a credit limit increase, there are two ways to request one: online or by phone. Before requesting an increase, make sure that you qualify by checking your credit history and debt-to-income ratio.
Once you’ve determined that you’re eligible, log in to your account or call Synchrony Bank at 1-877-379-8173 to request an increase. You’ll receive notice of the decision by mail within 7-10 business days.
How can I increase my American Eagle Store Card credit limit?
You can get an American Eagle Store Card credit limit increase online or by calling Synchrony Bank at 1-877-379-8173.
Will requesting a credit limit increase result in a hard pull on my credit report?
Yes, requesting a credit limit increase will often result in a hard pull on your credit report. Make sure you qualify for it before you submit your request.
What are the benefits of getting an American Eagle Visa credit card?
If you are eligible for an increase, you might get upgraded to the AEO Visa credit card, which can be used everywhere, not only in AEO and Aerie stores.